This is one of the most common questions I hear realtors ask. To answer your question, you most likely already know them, just like residential we use our sphere of influence to get those commercial leads. Remember, each friend you know, knows 250-300 people, we need those friends talking to their friends about you and your SUPERB COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SKILLS. So let’s give them something to talk about! Grab a few listings from Loopnet or HAR’s Commercial Gateway, send them in your newsletter. Don’t be afraid to ask! I am seeing that way too much, or you want to learn everything first… guess what i’m still learning and i’ve been doing this for 14 years… lol. So take that commercial plunge and let’s get going.
Here are some other ways too;
- Meet weekly/monthly with local boards & chambers of commerce (yes you will need to fork out of a few dollars, but it will be worth it.).
- Start going to PROFESSIONAL networking events, not the let’s get drunk and party events from our old college days, although let’s not count those out… hahahah…
- Make an event of your own on Facebook or Evites etc..
- Join the local Rich Investors club, which can lead to some great connections.
- Check on LinkedIn for professional online group – think outside the box – but DO NOT BE A ROBOT !! No copying and pasting, that’s all crap and we know it.